By Alisa Forsythe, IT Business Analyst
In 2015, the FACT Technology Committee committed to replacing the FACTWeb Portal. This April, after three years, the first users logged into the new FACT Accreditation Portal. Ten different organizations were selected to serve as beta testers and complete their applications in the new portal.
Feedback on the new portal has been positive:
- “So much faster than the old portal. It is nice that the tabs do not stay open as you move along the application. […] I generally am not a fan of being a beta site, but in this case, I am glad we are as this portal is such an improvement.”
– Karen Klinker, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Brigham and Women’s Hospital Adult Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Program
- “Easy to move between application components. Easy to see where you are within the application. Color coding is very helpful.”
– Peggy Appel, Northwest Marrow Transplant Program at Oregon Health & Science University, Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center and Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- “The new portal is so easy to work with and is a vast improvement from the previous system. It is much easier and quicker to go to the next question and to maneuver around in the portal. Thank you for your hard work in developing this new portal!”
– Sue O’Donnell, The Massachusetts General Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- “This is a major improvement over the first portal. The ease of use and the speed are complete upgrades! I appreciate everything that has been put into this new portal and realize that we will continue to strive to improve it. Very pleased to have been a beta tester!”
– Kim Kasow, UNC Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program
With a successful beta test underway, the new FACT Accreditation Portal is scheduled for launch this August.
Upcoming Training Sessions
Online training opportunities are now available on the FACT Event Calendar. Advance registration is required. The first training session of each type will be recorded and made available online for on-demand viewing.
- Completing an Annual/Renewal Report in the Portal
- Completing a Compliance Application in the Portal
- Performing an Inspection in the Portal