I recently arrived back from Melbourne and the International Society for Cell & Gene Therapy annual meeting. I would like to give a special thank you and recognition to Ngaire Elwood, FACT vice-president, one of the main organizers of this meeting of one of our two parent organizations. Patrick Hanley, PhD, chair of our Education Committee, chaired sessions and presented, as did many other FACT patrons! The breadth and depth of cell-based therapies is truly astonishing, and FACT is actively participating to assure the best possible products are delivered to our patients every day. I use the term “our” because FACT board members and inspectors are all active members of transplant, cord blood banking, and immune effector cell programs.
We had successful FACT training workshops and another excellent Quality Boot Camp in the days leading up to the meeting. For those who were unable to attend the annual meeting, the ISCT Regional Meeting in North America will be held in Madison, Wisconsin from September 12th – 15th. Join us for the FACT Cellular Therapy Inspection and Accreditation Workshop on Thursday, September 12.
Articles in this issue include:
- FACT Events at ISCT Were a Success!
- Help FACT Design Education Just for YOU
- Comments Requested About Needed Standards for Regenerative Medicine
- Webinar Series on Implementing Commercial CAR T-cell Products
- The Standards Coordinating Body Gives You a Voice
- New CARTOX App Assists Grading and Management of IEC Toxicities
- ASFA Releases Updated Practice Guidelines for Therapeutic Apheresis
- June is Cancer Immunotherapy Awareness month
- FACT Educational Opportunities
Dennis Gastineau, MD