This summer has been busy with travel! FACT staff made a trip to Brazil to launch the FACT and Brazilian Society of Bone Marrow Transplant (SBTMO) Joint Accreditation Program, and also found their way to Barcelona, Spain where the FACT-JACIE Standards Steering Committee initiated the development of the Eighth Edition FACT-JACIE International Standards for Hematopoietic Cellular Therapy Product Collection, Processing, and Administration. Soon, FACT representatives will land in Paraguay for the Worldwide Network for Blood & Marrow Transplantation (WBMT) meeting where they will conduct a half-day work workshop on FACT-JACIE accreditation.
Articles in this issue include:
- CMS Releases Final Decision on National Coverage Determination for CAR T-cell Therapy for Cancers
- FACT-SBTMO Joint Accreditation Program Launched in Brazil
- Development of the Eighth Edition FACT-JACIE Standards
- Preparations for the Seventh Edition NetCord-FACT International Cord Blood Standards
- FACT Accreditation Used as Criterion in Best Hospitals List
- In Memory of Dr. John Hansen
- Join ASTCT for a Webinar on Consensus Grading for CAR-T
- FACT Education Events
I hope you all had a wonderful summer and I look forward to seeing many of you throughout the rest of 2019!
Dennis Gastineau, MD