In 2015, FACT began a monumental undertaking to replace the FACTWeb Portal. FACT’s vision was to create a new system that would revolutionize the accreditation process. The goal was to improve the applicant’s ability to efficiently submit evidence to FACT; enhance the inspector experience with a streamlined approach for reviewing compliance applications, clinical outcomes, and data management; improve inspector training; and increase system flexibility to allow FACT staff to seamlessly manage the accreditation process from start to finish.
This past April, 10 organizations were selected to serve as beta testers and complete their applications in the new portal. After a successful beta test period, the new FACT Accreditation Portal launched on October 1, 2018.
“This is a major improvement over the first portal. The ease of use and the speed are complete upgrades! I appreciate everything that was incorporated into this new portal and realize that we will continue to strive to improve it. Very pleased to have been a beta tester!” states Kim Kasow, DO of the UNC Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program.
Applicants with pre-existing applications in the legacy FACTWeb portal will continue with the legacy portal until the current application is finished. Going forward, all new applications will be created in the new FACT Accreditation Portal.
FACT Accreditation Portal
Portal access: https://portal.factwebsite.org
- To apply for initial FACT accreditation, complete the request for access form accessible from the new portal login page.
- If your organization has been migrated to the new portal, complete the Recover Password form accessible from the new portal login page to access your account.
Training Materials: Portal Resource Center
Launch Details: FACT Accreditation Portal Launch Updates
To access an existing application in the legacy FACTWeb portal, navigate to https://www.factweb.org.
A very special thank you to all the people that contributed to this project:
- The FACT Technology Committee for their leadership and guidance throughout the project
- Our Beta Testers who courageously entered the new portal and took the time to explore and provide feedback
- FACT Staff for their patience through countless meetings, working sessions, and months of testing
- Our software developer, 5th Method, for their support and partnership throughout this project