COVID-19 Update: FACT Accreditation
The health and safety of our cellular therapy community continues to be our utmost concern as we all work to mitigate the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic.
On-site Inspections Postponed
FACT has postponed all scheduled on-site inspections until there is more information available about the timeline of this pandemic.
- Rescheduling of these and additional inspections will resume when an appropriate timeline can be determined.
- No accreditation will lapse due to delays and postponements related to COVID-19.
Effective immediately, the accreditation expiration date for all FACT-accredited organizations will be extended by six months, regardless of the current expiration date. This includes all:
- Clinical hematopoietic cell transplant programs
- Immune effector cell programs
- Apheresis centers
- Laboratory facilities
- Cord blood banks
This is our current best estimate of an appropriate timeline, however, if circumstances warrant, additional extensions will be implemented. New accreditation certificates will be prepared and distributed to eliminate confusion. The official list of accredited organizations is available on the FACT website. To the extent possible, programs should continue to submit documents and complete Compliance Applications during this period when on-site inspections are not being scheduled.
FACT staff are available by phone or email to review this information, and provide other assistance as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
FACT continues to receive questions related to patients, donors, and other COVID-19 related issues. A Frequently Asked Questions document is available on the FACT website. Topics include:
- Rescheduled inspections
- Renewal process
- Allogeneic transplant numbers
- Relocating transplant patients
- Care adjustments related to COVID-19