Join FACT for an inspection and accreditation virtual workshop on Thursday, May 6, from 7:30 am – 5:15 pm CT, 12:30-22:15 GMT. The FACT workshop is intended for apheresis and processing personnel, and serves as the opening act to the May scientific annual meeting headliners, The American Society for Apheresis (ASFA) and The International Society of Cell and Gene Therapy (ISCT). Separate registration is required.
The FACT workshop morning sessions will interest initial apheresis and processing applicants and those who have limited experience with FACT accreditation. The afternoon features more advanced content and is designed for those who have attended previously. We encourage all participants to stay for the entire day; however, all sessions will be available on-demand after the workshop for 30 days. Registrants will have access to both tracks’ on-demand sessions.
Morning sessions include:
- An overview of FACT Accreditation
- A review of the compliance application process
- How to prepare for an inspection
- A virtual tour of an accredited apheresis and processing program
- Common challenges apheresis and processing programs encounter and how to correct the deficiencies
Advanced sessions include:
- How to prepare for a FACT virtual inspection
- Navigating the Eight Edition Cellular Therapy Standards
- Maintaining Chain of Identity and Chain of Custody
- Panel Discussion: Get your questions from the day answered by the experts!
During lunch, attend optional featured sessions! Listen to FACT’s new president, Dr. Catherine Bollard, reflect on the accomplishments and the future of FACT. Also, hear from leaders of the Baylor College of Medicine Stem Cell Transplant Program regarding their experience as one of FACT’s first virtual inspection programs. Learn what worked well, challenges faced by program personnel, and suggestions moving forward.