WMDA-NetCord & FACT Cord Blood Day – September 12, 2019 at the Cord Blood Connect International Congress
The World Marrow Donor Association (WMDA) and FACT are teaming up to host the pre-conference WMDA-Netcord & FACT Cord Blood Day, a workshop that incorporates sessions on trends in cord blood banking and harmonization of banking procedures, a Quality Boot Camp, and FACT Inspector Training. FACT accreditation serves as an important mechanism to maintain across-the-board uniform processes that are effective and assist with ensuring efficient bank operations.
Topics will include:
- Global perspectives of the regulation of cord blood banking,
- WMDA serious adverse events and reactions,
- Analysis of CD34+ and CD45+ cells in thawed cord blood samples,
- Analysis of cellular viability in thawed cord blood,
- Significant changes to the NetCord-FACT Seventh Edition Cord Blood Standards, and
- Essential Quality Management Principles
The afternoon offers two tracks:
- WMDA-FACT Quality Boot Camp: Sessions will examine cord blood unit selection strategies and core quality management concepts including risk assessment, validation, and auditing. Come prepared with your quality-related questions to ask the quality experts facilitating the session.
- FACT Inspector Training: This track provides training to new FACT cord blood inspectors on performing an inspection from start to finish. Sessions are accompanied by exercises and group discussions to practically apply lecture concepts to real-world experiences. Attendees training to be an inspector may attend the entire Cord Blood Day FREE in addition to free access to all other on-demand and in-person FACT educational events. Inspector trainees are required to attend the FACT Inspector Training track.
This is an excellent opportunity to network with the cord blood community and learn from experts in cord blood banking. We encourage banks to send multiple personnel to be able to attend both the Quality Boot Camp and nominate a member of your team to train to become a FACT inspector! Register before August 31st to receive the special advanced rate!